Sunday, July 6, 2008

Le Burrito

A new poster caught my eye at chipotle today.  

..excuse me, hold on - i'm still eating.


The sign was a circle that read, "EN FRANCAIS: "LE BURRITO""

Kind of funny,, since "burrito" is Spanish.  Then I realized that the circle had thin spokes.  A bike wheel -- Nice.
Here's the sticker they gave me at the cash register. It's pretty similar to the design on the poster.
On the poster, the blue and orange diamonds had dotted lines cutting through them, argyle-style.  I imagine they were omitted from the sticker for production purposes.. either the print resolution wouldn't support a detail that small, or maybe it was just subtracting from the look at that size.

edit: I forgot to explain the premise of this promotion. During the 2008 Tour de France (July 5-27) Chipotle is offering a set order, which is apparently what the Chipotle Tour de France team gets.

They say you can request "Le Burrito," and they'll make it to specs, but when I tried to ask for it, the woman didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Le Burrito:
Chicken
Rice
Black Beans
Tomato (mild) salsa
and guacamole (that's extra).




Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: